Friday, September 7, 2012

Tea Party



I don't know where I should begin. There have been a ton of changes. I will go into detail in the coming months as changes arise on my blog. Let's just say its been a summer of life brainstorming. I am certainly coming into my own to say the least. I couldn't have done it without God and my best friend, tea. Ha. Yes, tea. I have been making a few lifestyle changes. Most importantly, spiritual changes are my primary focus. Second, I am embracing a healthy lifestyle. This includes, working out, keeping soda and fast food out of my diet, and paying special attention to my lifestyle regimens. Tea has been a lifesaver.
Tea serves so many benefits. According to iVillage, here are my favorite health benefits:

1. Tea contains antioxidants. Like the Rust-Oleum paint that keeps your outdoor furniture from rusting, tea's antioxidants protect your body from the ravages of aging and the effects of pollution.  
2. Tea may reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke. Unwanted blood clots formed from cholesterol and blood platelets cause heart attack and stroke. Drinking tea may help keep your arteries smooth and clog-free, the same way a drain keeps your bathroom pipes clear.
3. Tea bolsters your immune defenses. Drinking tea may help your body's immune system fight off infection. When 21 volunteers drank either five cups of tea or coffee each day for four weeks, researchers saw higher immune system activity in the blood of the tea drinkers. 
4. Tea protects against cancer. Thank the polyphenols, the antioxidants found in tea, once again for their cancer-fighting effects. While the overall research is inconclusive, there are enough studies that show the potential protective effects of drinking tea to make adding tea to your list of daily beverages. 
5. Tea is calorie-free. Tea doesn't have any calories, unless you add sweetener or milk. Consuming even 250 fewer calories per day can result in losing one pound per week. If you're looking for a satisfying, calorie-free beverage, tea is a top choice. 
6. Tea increases your metabolism. Lots of people complain about a slow metabolic rate and their inability to lose weight. Green tea has been shown to actually increase metabolic rate so that you can burn 70 to 80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day. 

I encourage everyone to make the switch. Before you say its not for you, give it a try at least for a month. I am a huge coffee fan and will never give that up, but this is definitely my new afternoon and evening beverage. It looks like I will be seeing more in my future with autumn and winter approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.