Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lace


This week has gotten off to a great start. I have so many afternoon classes, it gives me a chance to do some blogging in the morning before my day even begins. On top of that, I am working out once again. Somewhere in the last two years, I gained about 5-10 lbs and while I understand that I am growing into a more mature woman, I still love my jeans from two years ago and I would love to be able to keep myself squeezed into them. 
I have been feeling so great that I have even begun working on paper assignments not due until April. I want them out of the way so that I can avoid stress later on. As well, I have a new writing class. The writing assignments are absolutely amazing and so I figure why not share my favorite from this week with all of you. Every blogger has a little writer in them deep down inside.

First, write down three images in your mind from the past 72 hours. Make sure they are insignificant, completely random, and a single snap shot. (For example, my professor had images of two gas stations and a Wendy's food chain). 
Second, take 2-3 sentences to describe each image in your mind, nothing too elaborate, just highlight some distinct details.
Third, find some type of connection between the three images, even if you have to stretch the relation a bit. (For example, the professor focused how in each image, there was a road splitting or turning in some way and she connected them as something leading her elsewhere in life.)

Now, dwell a little on the relationship that you drew between images and use this as a starting point for your writing. In my own experience, my images all connected in that they all gave me a feeling of safety, warm, and familiarity. I imagined images of my skyline that I drive by often, my father's truck in the driveway, and an attractive man from class putting gum under the desk. While the gum boy didn't really play into my correlation between images, I do distinctly remember the feeling I had that such a beautiful man could do something so nasty. More so, I took that and ran with it since I have been considering moving to a new city. I felt warmth and security with those familiar images and I feared having such a great dream of moving shocking me into reality that it may not be what it seems. A stretch, I know. However, that is the point. Take a leap with your writing. 


5 comments:

  1. I love the neon and grey combo of the skirt! I surely will have to do this writing assignement, to be honest, I really have this little writing obsession since I was a kid haha. Hope you are doing good. Kisses j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of getting a lace top. Yours is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.