Sunday, December 18, 2011

First Impressions


My mother has always stressed the importance of first impressions. "You must be a sophisticated lady even before you speak." My hair, jewlery, clothing, speech, every small aspect was stressed to be in accordance with that of a proper modern day lady. When she would have me wear slips under my dresses, I had to draw the line. As I began to dress myself, I decided this is too much. My elegance is not defined by my under garments which no one will see if I am truly a lady.
I found this top last year and I have not warn it a single time. I am still hesitant to make that initial move. It is sensual but I think if paired with other garments properly, it can have a touch of class. The problem however is figuring out how I want to pair it with the rest of my wardrobe. 
What are your thoughts for this piece? Wear it or keep it for private use?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, i see what you mean about it. i could maybe see it with jeans and a suit jacket. but, i'd be shy to wear it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.