Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back When

Since I have been moving everything from my old blog, I came across this from BYOW Pt. 1 and it seems I haven't changed too much since I wrote this:

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2008

 "I cant tell if I am just very tired or I have a lazy mind right now. Im in New York this week trying to take a small break from Texas stress, but this is the first time I have been out of town and can't find the least amount of peace. I walk down the streets and see men slapping everyones umbrellas out the way so that they can get through. I get hawked at by men working on the streets. I have 3am phone calls from students back home that I tutor asking for help. Im beginning to realize, vacation really does not exsist, it's all life in the end, you just give it a better name and seclude yourself in a single location. It is all a personal choice of how much of the stress you will ignore for that short time. On a brighter note, I can not think of one race that I havent seen today alone. Diversity is so beautiful. For people too nearsighted to see past race, imagine all of the things you are missing more in the distance and inside of the person, not just the surface color. I do not believe all predjudice is wrong (and I mean that word as "pre-judging"), street smarts is a necessity. If you judge at all, judge on attitude, not on color or origin. Even the seemingly ideal on the surface will stab you in the back, and use your near-sighted oblivion against you."



Old stuff I would make back in 2007-2008; its only fitting.

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you made that, it's amazing! Did you take those photos yourself too? Thank you for following, so happy you're enjoying my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog
    I LOVE your blog Janice!

    Diversty is amazaing....I love going to NYC because people are so open minded. Here in the south its hard to find people who are open minded. I would love to live in NYC one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is gorgeous! The way you talk about diversity is fantastic, it truly is beautiful. I'm from Russia and many people have only seen people who are white yet moving to London and seeing so many races makes you realise how lucky cities like that are, to experience the beauty that comes along diversity xx
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is great of course the blog too!! It was nice too read your thoughts !!! Diversity is really great not only on people .... In everything !!!

    All the best my dear

    Veronica
    http://bittersweetcolours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.