Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fashion Conversion

After stumbling across an article, Counterfeit Fashion Meets High Art, I feel like fashion has this undeniable ease of becoming art. For example, and something most fashion lovers can agree on, you buy new apparel and it certainly doesn't come to life until you are wearing it actively, putting your own breath of style into it. I feel the same goes for these fashion logo converters who so many seem to hate. I see their conversion as nothing different from when I take an old designer piece and choose to alter it in my own way. The reason these people stand out is because they do not try to sign it off as genuine or authentic. They clearly say, this is what I was given and this is what I have created. An interesting point brought up, “These people are hijacking signs of wealth, bastardizing logos and turning them into something completely unique.” What is the harm in that?

5 comments:

  1. wow you've got a great blog, now following! and also, you're a blonde as well :) love it! hahah

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your style and blog, thanks for following me - i always like a blog that actually has something to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring picture.. And I agree with your words. Well said!
    http://were-sponsoredbydestiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goshhhh!
    http://abinavarrete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !!!
    noway:D
    xx
    www.vnikali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.