Saturday, September 3, 2011

Coffee Wars

Everyone always jokes with me when they can tell I am in one of my moods, “Oh, maybe we should get her some coffee.” Coffee is simply the best part of my morning…afternoon…2am… really any time routine. For most people, they only assume that it has a strong taste and it turns your teeth yellow or even worse, brown. Far from it. And for those of you who choose to not drink coffee for teeth whitening reasons, I will tell you what my dentist told me: “Drink your coffee with a straw.” Trust me. You will not get that chalked feeling afterwards. As for the rest, I decided to share a few convincing points as to why coffee may want to be on your radar.

Increases Alertness- Caffeine is a well-known stimulant and is known to increase alertness in individuals.
Weight Loss – Coffee can help burn extra calories by boosting your metabolism.
Treating Migraines – Caffeine has analgesic properties, and is even a common ingredient used in over-the-counter painkillers.
Cancer - As per a study conducted by the Harvard Medical School, regular coffee drinkers are 50% less likely to suffer from breast, colon and prostate cancer.

 So – before you knock joe, I say reconsider and if not for health benefits at least for the morning aroma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.