Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hospital Beds

While the idea of ranting about my day is childish and irrelevant, I am breaking the rules. Yesterday, in the evening, I was experiencing horrible pains and long story short, I go to the emergency room. After they checked my vitals and fluid samples, I find out that I have a bladder infection. I remember lying in the little hospital bed waiting for a nurse to bring me a blanket and it dawned on me, “Wow, a warm blanket is actually an option.” Later, a woman came by from discharge to let me know what my bill would be for the visit. With my insurance attached, I thought it was amazing that filling out the insurance forms was a luxury, not a pain. The whole night all together ended with me smiling. I may not have been in the best comfort of my life and I will have this bad little bladder issue for a good while, however… Even with an infection, I had the most pleasant experience that the world could offer. I walked into an air-conditioned hospital, insurance card in hand, with a twenty-minute wait, and was diagnosed and treated within two hours in the most sanitary of conditions. I remember lying in my hospital bed thinking, “Even my misery is bliss.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. I read and reply to every comment left.